The Tool Kit
General Hand Tools
- Screwdrivers - both straight and Phillips in a variety of sizes
- Hammers - a standard carpenter's claw hammer is always handy. Other handy hammers includes one with soft rubber head and a dead blow mallet
- Pliers - include a pair of standard 200mm slip-joint pliers. Diagonal cutters and needle-nose pliers will come in handy if you decide to install your electrical wiring
- Wrenches - full sets of socket and combination wrenches are indispensable when installing an engine and associated gear
- Knives - a couple of different types of knives. The standard shop utility knife with replaceable blades does most of the work, but a pocket knife and a single edge razor blade scraper are also needed
- Hand saws, planes, chisels and rasps & wood files, and tape measures
- Pistol drills
- Router with tungsten bits
- Circular saw - with a diamond-tipped blade for cutting through the DuFLEX laminate
- Power plane
- Sander / polisher
- 4" grinder
- Power drill
Other useful items
- Coving knives can be made up by machining 25mm paint scrapers to 20mm wide radiused ends.
- Step ladders and simple scaffolding to access higher areas of hulls for strip planking in curved areas, positioning of panel parts and fairing.
- An industrial wet & dry vacuum cleaner is a handy addition to keep your work space clean & tidy, especially if it can be attached to your tools to act as a dust extraction device.
- Heavy duty gardening gloves will prevent injury when handling fibreglassed parts.
Cutting raw fibreglass is a major part of composite construction, however ,with the DuFLEX Building System it is predominantly limited to the cutting of fibreglass tapes. Cutting fibreglass cloth requires sharp tools, and a large, good quality pair of scissors will make life easier. Battery operated fibreglass shears are available.
For epoxy applications you will need the following items:
- 800 WEST SYSTEM® Foam roller covers
- 801 roller frames
- 802 plastic roller trays
- 12mm metal laminate rollers
- 808 rubber squeegees
- 803 disposable brushes
- 805 / 806 plastic mixing containers
- 804 mixing sticks
- 832 disposable gloves
- 809 scotch-brite scouring pads
Download Ancillaries Data Sheet (47.2 KB)